Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, when you create an account, we collect your username and email address. We may also collect information if you choose to provide it in other ways, such as when you create or update your profile, submit or comment on a quiz, participate in any community features of the Services, participate in a contest or promotion, invite friends, post a bulletin, join a league, apply to be a host, fill out a form, send a message, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, photo, contact information (such as email address, address and phone number), gender, credit card or other payment information, school, and other information you choose to provide. If you choose to create a bio for your profile, we collect whatever information you include in that bio. If you win prizes through one of our offline events, we will collect the information contained in any required forms that you complete and send to us.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our website.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device if you consent to the collection of this information through your device. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media service such as Facebook or Google+, we may have access to certain information from that service, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with your privacy settings for that service.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, notifications, and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by QuizManiac and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of QuizManiac and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your interests and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, other countries where the laws may not provide levels of protection for your personal information equivalent to the protection provided by the laws of your home country.
Sharing of Information
We will not share your information except in the following circumstances or as otherwise specified in this Policy:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of QuizManiac or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Your profile information and any information you post in any public area of the Services or submit for publication will be publicly available. This includes, for example, information contained in any quizzes or comments you post. Information about your achievements may also be publicly shared, such as through our Leaderboard page.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies and your privacy settings of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Another example is the use of Google Analytics to help us understand the use of our Services, such as what pages are being accessed. We also use a specific part of Google Analytics called Demographics and Interest Reporting to better understand our users. Should you wish to opt-out of this please visit here.
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices. If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
QuizManiac takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, as described in this section.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the TheHunt services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We have your consent to process your personal data.
- We are required by law to process your personal data.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. To exercise these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data please contact us as indicated below. If we are not able to address your concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at [email protected] Certain information may also be updated through your online account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at [email protected] , but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.